Level 2 Coaching Course
LEVEL TWO - COACHING ACCREDITATION
To register for the Level 2 Course coaches must ensure they are demonstrating the appropriate coaching attitudes, behaviours and skills.
The competencies expected of a Level 2 coach clearly reflect the ability to plan, prepare, conduct, review and adapt training and match programs in the context of a yearly plan.
- Must be coaching at Youth (Year 8-12) or Senior (18+) level in season 2017
- Coaches at the Auskick level (pp-year 3) or Junior Rules (Year 4-7) are not eligible
- Coaches to have completed Level 1 Youth or Senior Course
- Necessary to have been coaching for a minimum of 3 years
LEVEL 2 COURSE OUTLINE
The program includes practical sessions and formal presentations from experts in their fields. The level 2 course is a combination of practical and education sessions, and will take place throughout a full season.
This years Level 2 Course will feature AFL Coaching Ambassadors along with presentations from the West Coast Eagles and Fremantle Football Club coaches, WAFL and State Academy Coaches will also deliver sessions and provide their insights on coaching the modern footballer.
To complete your accreditation you must complete the following;
- Attend the two-day workshop
- Through your district Staff of Coach Coordinator complete a training feedback and match day observations
- Submit a complete Coaches Diary for the season
- Attend professional development seminars conducted by the Australian Football Coaching Association (AFCA) or the WAFC District and Regional Staff.
Places on the course are limited, and enrolments will be determined by the District and Regional Staff based on their capacity to service follow up sessions.
If you are not successful in being offered a place as a course attendee we do have conference options available where you can attend the two day workshop for your own professional development.