This policy describes the way that East Perth Football Club collects, hold and discloses personal information. Personal information is information that identifies you or could identify you.
East Perth Football Club are subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), including the Australian Privacy Principles. East Perth Football Club may vary this policy from time to time, by posting an updated policy accessible via their website.
Protecting personal information is fundamental to the East Perth Football Club’s relationship with WAFL supporters, employees and players. All personal information received in connection with East Perth Football Clubs’ product or service, or in the conduct of East Perth Football Clubs’ business, is therefore treated seriously, having regard to East Perth Football Clubs’ legal obligations.
2. Information Collected
The personal information which East Perth Football Club collect and hold includes your name, address, email address, gender, occupation contact information and information about dealings with us, including membership history.
In addition, you may also provide to us and we may collect and hold additional personal information, such as:
- your credit card information; and
- details of the items ordered or purchased from us.
If you do not give personal information to East Perth Football Club it may affect the ability of the East Perth Football Club to provide you with products and/or services.
Where we engage with you multiple times over a short period in relation to the same matter, we may not provide you with a separate notice about privacy each time we engage with you.
3. Information from Third Parties
During the course of business, East Perth Football Club may also collect personal information that is given to them by a third party (for example, a corporate partner of East Perth Football Club or WAFL or information that is on a publicly maintained record). This information forms part of the personal information described in this policy. East Perth Football Club will not intentionally solicit personal information that is unintentionally disclosed.
4. Storage of Personal Information
Wherever reasonably practicable, East Perth Football Club will store personal information on data servers that are owned and controlled by East Perth Football Club and are located within the geographical borders of Australia. However, some of your personal information may be transferred, stored, processed, used or disclosed overseas by East Perth Football Club or by our third party service providers.
This may happen if our service providers are located overseas, or if transactions, information, services or products have an overseas connection. Where such parties are located overseas, you may have rights to enforce such parties' compliance with applicable data protection laws, but you may not have recourse against those parties under the Australian Privacy Act in relation to how those parties treat your personal information.
5. Use & Disclosure of Personal Information
East Perth Football Club collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for purposes including, without limitation:
- to verify your identity;
- to provide, and to assist East Perth Football Club with providing products and services to you, to manage and account for the products and services, and to improve the products and services;
- to manage East Perth Football Clubs’ relationship(s) with you;
- to provide you with information about events, products and/or services that may interest you;
- to facilitate the internal business operations of the East Perth Football Club;
- to promote and market East Perth Football Club events, products or services;
- to enable corporate partners and sponsors of the East Perth Football Club, to market and promote their products and services to you; and
- to our third party service providers in connection with any of the above.
The East Perth Football Club may also disclose personal information where it is otherwise permitted to do so by law.
You consent to East Perth Football Club using your personal Information for sending you information, including promotional material, about East Perth Football Club products and services, as well as the products and services of third parties, now and in the future. You also consent to us sending you such information by means of direct mail, email, SMS and MMS messages. You can contact us using the contact details specified in paragraph 7 if you do not want to receive marketing information from us.
The East Perth Football Club do not otherwise disclose personal information without your permission, unless the disclosure is:
- required or authorised by law, including without limitation the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
6. Information Security
The East Perth Football Club will take reasonable steps to protect all personal information within their direct control from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. The East Perth Football Club will take reasonable steps to hold information securely in electronic or physical form in access controlled premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords.
7. Contacting the East Perth Football Club Regarding Access & Correction and Privacy Complaints
An individual may:
- request access to and seek the correction of their personal information held by East Perth Football Club at any time;
- make a complaint in relation to a breach of privacy; or
by contacting East Perth Football Club.
You will be required to provide proof of identity in order to obtain access to your personal information. East Perth Football Club may charge a fee where access is provided. East Perth Football Club may refuse to provide access if permitted to do so by law. East Perth Football Club aims to provide access to your personal information within 30 days of a valid request.
At all times, privacy complaints:
- will be treated seriously;
- will be dealt with promptly;
- will be dealt with in a confidential manner; and
- will not affect your existing obligations or affect the commercial arrangements between you and the East Perth Football Club